Premera Blue Cross | Mountlake Terrace, Wash. | May 2016 – present
- Created conversational web health centers to address common customer questions and help them self-serve. The pregnancy microsite reduced related phone calls 10.5 percent in the first year. Traffic to the microsite was organic.
- Started collaboration groups between company communicators and with content strategy counterparts in the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, which reduced redundancy and allowed us to share work.
- Rewrote web content and letters to be customer-friendly, clear, and avoid industry jargon to help increase customer satisfaction scores.
- Brought all company content creators together to be more efficient, collaborate, and support one another.
- Served as editor-in-chief of public websites for three lines of business.
- Wrote content for shop and enroll experience, which independent research called the industry’s best.
Seattle and New York City | May 2012 – present
- Advised on and created copy for Precor Home Fitness, Kinetic Sports Rehab, and Holland America Line.
- Collaborated on and co-wrote life-improvement book with licensed therapist.
- Wrote health and lifestyle articles for MSN, Beauty News NYC, Thrillist, The Body Department, and more.
- Taught client to blog. Blog was picked up for syndication on healthy living site within two months.
Health and Fitness Editor
MSN.com | Redmond, Wash. | July 2015 – May 2016
- Increased vertical page views by revising pitch process and opening communications with partners and homepage editors.
- Built and maintained relationships with content partners at publishing companies.
- Edited content and managed editorial calendars for nine pages of Lifestyle vertical.
T-Mobile | Bellevue, Wash. | March 2015 – July 2015
- Wrote B2B and B2C web copy for T-Mobile promotional and educational pages.
- Strategized messaging, worked with designers, and presented creatives to clients as part of internal agency.
- Worked on device sale concept, which moved four times more inventory than previously unbranded sales.
Copywriter for HTC
Filter Digital | Seattle | October 2014 – February 2015
- Wrote consumer-facing product descriptions, promotional emails, and more for global marketing division.
- Created compelling storylines and introduction emails for new devices.
- Prepared copy options for A/B testing to determine best consumer experience.
- Represented global marketing team on company-wide SEO task force.
- Conducted market research and strategized product messaging.
Content Editor/Producer for MSN.com
Aquent Studios | Seattle and New York City | 2005- 2014
- Wrote headlines, met tight deadlines, and programmed content to help drive 22-32 million daily page views.
- Reworked headlines and timed pitches to increase MSN Healthy Living blog traffic from 500,000 page views per month to more than 1.1 million.
- Managed relationships with channel managers and content partners to meet goals.
- Represented the network and company to Facebook’s 4.4M fans and Twitter’s 192K followers.
General Assignment Reporter
Stephen’s Media | Montesano, Wash. | 2003 – 2005
- Won Washington Newspaper Publishers Association awards for in-depth, education and breaking news reporting.
- Conceptualized and wrote special edition on population growth in east side of the county, which helped increase circulation from 19 to 38 percent in the region.
TECHNOLOGIES AND SKILLS
Content Strategy, Customer Listening, Journalism, Storytelling, SEO, Intelligent Content, Marketing, AP Style, Editing, Branding, Word, Sharepoint, Microsoft, Apple, WordPress, CMS, WebTrends, Screaming Frog, Analytics.
University of New England
Master of Science in Applied Nutrition | 2018-
New York University
Certificate of Digital Publishing | 2013
Certificate of Intellectual Property Law | 2015
Western Washington University
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism. Minor in Psychology | 2003