Content Strategist/Brand Storyteller
Premera Blue Cross | Mountlake Terrace, Wash. | May 2016 – present
- Created conversational web health centers to address common customer questions in context. The pregnancy microsite reduced related phone calls 10.5 percent in the first year. Traffic to the microsite was organic.
- Started collaboration groups between company communicators and with content strategy counterparts in the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, which reduced redundancy and allowed us to share work.
- Wrote content for shop and enroll experience, which independent research called the industry’s best. Overall customer satisfaction went up from 4.8 to 5.7 year-over-year.
- Monitored customer listening points and initiated feedback committee to identify pain points and help prioritize projects. Improvements helped raise customer satisfaction an entire point in one year.
Seattle and New York City | May 2012 – present
- Advised on and created copy for T-Mobile, HTC, Precor Home Fitness, Kinetic Sports Rehab, and Holland America Line.
- Collaborated on and co-wrote life-improvement book with licensed therapist.
- Wrote health and lifestyle articles for MSN, Self, Beauty News NYC, Thrillist, and The Body Department.
- Taught client to blog. Blog was picked up for syndication on healthy living site within two months.
- Helped brand device sale site for T-Mobile, which moved four times more than previously unbranded sales.
Created compelling storylines and introduction emails for HTC Innovations line of devices.
Health and Fitness Editor
MSN.com | Redmond, Wash. | July 2015 – May 2016
- Increased vertical page views by revising pitch process and opening communications with partners and homepage editors.
- Built and maintained relationships with content partners at publishing companies.
- Edited content and managed editorial calendars for nine pages of Lifestyle vertical.
Homepage Content Editor for MSN.com
Aquent Studios | Seattle and New York City | 2005- 2014
- Wrote headlines, met tight deadlines, and programmed content to help drive 22-32 million daily page views.
- Reworked headlines and timed pitches to increase MSN Healthy Living blog traffic from 500,000 page views per month to more than 1.1 million.
- Managed relationships with channel managers and content partners to meet goals.
- Represented the network and company to Facebook’s 4.4M fans and Twitter’s 192K followers.
General Assignment Reporter
Stephen’s Media | Montesano, Wash. | 2003 – 2005
- Won Washington Newspaper Publishers Association awards for in-depth, education and breaking news reporting.
- Conceptualized and wrote special edition on population growth in east side of the county, which helped increase circulation from 19 to 38 percent in the region.
TECHNOLOGIES AND SKILLS
Content Strategy, Customer Listening, Journalism, Storytelling, SEO, Intelligent Content, Marketing, AP Style, Editing, Branding, Word, Sharepoint, Microsoft, Apple, WordPress, CMS, WebTrends, Screaming Frog, Analytics.
University of New England
Master of Science in Applied Nutrition | 2018-2020
New York University
Certificate of Digital Publishing | 2013
Certificate of Intellectual Property Law | 2015
Western Washington University
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism. Minor in Psychology | 2003