If you’re like me, the recent climate change report has made you anxious the last couple of days. I’m not going to get into the science here, instead I’m going to give you hope.
The report says we can do something, but we need to do it now.
I have hope that you’ll join me. Please, share what you’re doing. I’ll share what I’m doing. I hope we can inspire one another and do our part.
For starters, I’ll give you my to-do list:
- Plan meals. When I don’t plan meals, I tend to rely on prepared foods that are harder on the planet. The more I plan, the more sustainable my diet.
- Write letters. One thing that drives me crazy is throwing away packaging. When I’m out of makeup, I just need the little thing of makeup. I don’t need a new compact with a mirror. I’m going to write letters (or maybe email?) to the companies that make these products and ask them for a better way.
- Share templates. Once I write those letters, I’ll share them with you, so you can use it as a template to write your own letters to send to the companies you do business with.
- Unfortunately a bus commute isn’t an option where I live BUT I know 4 other women who live near me and work at the same company. We carpool occasionally, but it’s time to step it up. There’s no reason to drive 5 cars the same place every day.
- Reduce my plastic. This is about 10 blog posts alone.
Your turn. Please tell me what you do and how I can do more.
I’m a journalist, content strategist, doting auntie, amateur bobsledder, fitness enthusiast, and wannabe health nut (who loves chocolate and pizza too much to fully commit). I don't want you to think my life is perfect. It's not.