My friend Nicole is an inspiration. Isn’t she gorgeous? I like to brag that I share a little bit of her DNA. We’re fourth cousins.
Nicole and I met in our junior high years. We had our ups and downs as friends. We don’t talk all the time. But we always come back together. Like my immediate family, she’s one of those people I just have to see when I’m in Minnesota.
Neither of us peaked in high school. We both achieved cool girl status when it mattered.
- Nicole is a realist. She gives it to me straight. She doesn’t tell me it’s OK if it’s not. She gives me the tough love when I need it. It always comes from the right place.
- Nicole is a go-getter. Look, she just did a series of videos for Best Buy. She doesn’t sit around and wait for life to come to her, she goes out and takes it. She’s a certified yoga teacher. She started a barre fitness class at her ballet studio. That’s right. She’s a ballerina, too.
- She’s never afraid to say, “no thanks” to something she’s not into. She has enough on her plate that she does want to do.
- She does triathalons and half marathons and other thons I’ve never heard of. And she always looks gorgeous.
- She’s never shy about taking pictures. If it’s worth documenting, she’ll document it.
- When we hang out, it’s usually lunch, errands and yoga. I love how it’s routine, like we do it every Sunday, only it’s like once a year.
I’ll stop gushing. I love that girl. And I’m proud of her and her commercial success.
I’m a journalist, content strategist, doting auntie, amateur bobsledder, fitness enthusiast, and wannabe health nut (who loves chocolate and pizza too much to fully commit). I don't want you to think my life is perfect. It's not.